What do you need to know about college?
- What kind of college is right for me?
- How do I pay for college?
- What do I need to do to get into college?
- There are 66 colleges in New Jersey? Really?!
What kind of college is right for me?
There are so many choices for college. Should you go to a community college? A 4-year university? Should you go in-person or online? In-state or out-of-state? Private college or public? Should you continue on to get a master’s degree or doctorate? Check out the following resources:
- College Personality Quiz: an easy 10-part quiz that will tell you more about what kind of college you might enjoy.
- Online Colleges Database: Start here once you know what kind of college you’re looking for! A comprehensive website with information about the application process, plus a browsable database that shows you tuition prices, size, and other valuable information about tons of colleges.
- Library Resources for Choosing a College & Applying
- Finding Your College Fit
How do I pay for college?
What do I need to do to get into college?
- BigFuture by Collegeboard
- KnowHow2GO provides serious advice for low-income students on college and how to achieve it.
- SAT vs ACT
- Applying For College FAQs
In the meantime, see our SAT/ACT test prep page.
There are 66 colleges in New Jersey? Really?!
Yes, really. You’ve probably heard of a few of them – Atlantic Cape Community College, Stockton College, Rutgers, maybe even Rowan University, but there are a lot more! Many of them are community colleges or religious seminaries, but there are a lot of others that do more traditional college degrees.
See the entire list here.