If you have a passion for discussing and learning about films, we invite you to join the Atlantic City Free Public Library Film Society. Membership is free and open to current Library cardholders in good standing, who are 18 years of age and older. Monthly screenings on Saturday afternoons will be held in the second floor meeting room of the Main Library branch and discussions will be held hybrid on Zoom and in-person directly following the film. At this time, there are no in-person evening classes.
Since films of all genres and ratings will be shown, the Film Society is open to adults only and member discretion is advised. Each film's rating and running time will be posted prior to the screening on the Library website and flyers, the Film Society Twitter page, and other advertising. Snacks will be provided at screenings, and learning materials will be provided at classes. Further information about the Film Society is provided on the Library's Official Website on the Film Society page and on Twitter and Letterboxd (@ACLibFilmSoc).
- Membership in the Film Society is encouraged. To attend a particular meeting, please fill out the form below prior to that day's meeting.
- Only current Film Society members can reserve seating to all meetings including special events.
- Attendees should arrive promptly for meetings.
- Use of cameras and video/audio recording devices is strictly prohibited.
- All cell phones and pagers must be turned off or silenced during meetings.
- Attendees are expected to be respectful of others during meetings.
- Due to limited seating, advanced registration is required for all meetings in which there is a special guest.
- Autographs and other requests for special guests will not be honored unless the guest has given permission prior to the meeting.
- All program topics and screenings are subject to change without prior notice.
- Attendees are expected to comply with all rules and guidelines of the Film Society and the policies of the Atlantic City Free Public Library.
If you would like to become a member of the Film Society, you may fill out the electronic membership form below or come into the Main Library and register there.